Saddleback Eye Medical Associates is committed to the health and safety of our patients, staff and physicians during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented extra precautions in our clinic to help keep our patients and staff safe, and are following all recommendations made by the CDC. The health and safety of everyone is our number one priority.
Steps that we are taking to ensure the health and safety of everyone while in our office, at Saddleback Eye Medical Associates:
- Please do not come to the office if you’re sick, experiencing any flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to Covid-19 within the last 21 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, headache, loss of smell or taste, muscle or body aches, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or fatigue.
- All staff and physicians have their temperatures checked upon arriving at the clinic each day.
- We have a strict screening protocol for the safety of our patients and staff. The COVID-19 screening will be done prior to anyone coming in for their appointment. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you will be required to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be REQUIRED to wear a face mask or face covering in our office at ALL times. Please bring your own face mask, as we are unable to provide them. Please be prepared to wear your mask properly for the duration of your exam.
- Family members and caregivers are asked to NOT enter the facility at any time. Exceptions are made for patients who require their assistance, and for minors. Exceptions will be allowed for one additional person to accompany the patient.
- Our waiting room is currently closed, however, when available, we will allow one patient to wait in the waiting room at a time.
- Upon arriving in the parking lot, please CALL THE FRONT DESK to check-in for your appointment. They will conduct the check-in process over the phone and verify your insurance. They will instruct you when your exam room is ready, and you’re then able to come into the office.
- Once you arrive at the entrance of our office door, a staff member will meet you to conduct a Covid-19 screening prior to entering. Patients will also have their temperatures checked upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer will be given to all patients upon entering the office.
- Do NOT touch your face, particularly your eyes, mouth or nose during the exam.
- We have scheduled additional cleaning and sanitizing time between each patient. All exam rooms and common areas are thoroughly cleaned between each patient and hourly.
- We have removed all magazines and reading materials from our lobby and all exam rooms.
- We have installed plastic barriers at our check-in desk and our check out desk.
- We have installed plastic barriers in all exam rooms on our medical equipment. This is to allow for additional safety barriers between physicians and patients while in close proximity during the examination.